01 December 2007

Bite Me in the Bum, Why Don't You

Maybe it was a sign.

Or karma?

First off, it's my birthday today and I am still working on grad apps. I told myself I wouldn't do that, but deadlines are deadlines, and I am at the "checking-afraid to press the submit button" stage. School C is done. I meant to do School F yesterday but I had a little problem.

You see, I was cleaning out some stuff off my hard drive which involved multiple copies of my personal statement.

I ended up deleting one of the two essays for Schools E and F. Oh $%*&^.

So, whilst wishing I had Leopard for my Mac because of the Time Machine feature, I tried to use some data recovery programs. But I had to pay to get all the features. Pfft.

Luckily, I had a draft on my USB stick, so I banged it out again and actually polished it a bit. Submitted it this morning (Side note: Schools B and H are ready to go, but I am afraid to click on the "submit" button. Once I mail out my stuff next week, then I know it's for real and will click on that button.).

This was a bit of deja vu for me. Why?

The day before I had to mail out my application for my scholarship, I forgot to email it to myself from work. In the summer the office was closed on Fridays. So I had to re-write the WHOLE thing. I didn't have a draft backed up. Nothing.

And as all of you know, I ended up with the scholarship.

So maybe this is a sign. It bites me in the bum but still, one can hope this is a sign for the good since the last time, it turned out very nicely.