04 October 2006

Here We Go!!!

I am in the first class "Sakura Lounge," courtesy of Japan Airlines. As in right now - 12:33pm EST.

Free food, free booze, and free internet.

This place would make a FCLC-er sooooooo happy.

Doesn't mean that I am flying first class though. Oh well. You can't have everything.

Finished packing last night - have two suitcases, one large and one small. Packing wasn't that bad, I was able to stuff everything into the two suitcases, and I have Mel's Tumi duffel as a carryon so it wasn't that bad.

What was bad was that my TSA-Certified padlock jammed while I was trying to put the code in, and I couldn't get it to close. so I had to buy a new TSA-Certified lock. Paranoid 'Merikins. I wasn't even able to bring my travel size liquids and gels, since they weren't in a stupid ziploc bag, but a security guard provided me one.

Other than that, not much news to report. Went to Chelsea Piers bowling on Friday with Mel, Kerri and Mel's friends, a pub afterwards, and Kerri wanted to take me to Coyote Ugly, so we went after the pub. Ugly wasn't even the word for it, more like unhygenic, with all the bras plastered to the wall, just like the movie. The one in Vegas might be better, but alas, I was not 21 when I went to Vegas so I missed out. Proceeded to drink a wee bit too much wine at the pub so Kerri had to help me down the stairs a bit. This was not because I was tipsy - well partially - but my fear of stairs was made worse due to the wine. Let's just say I fall down the stairs even when I am sober. I have a scar on my left forearm to prove it.

On Saturday, I went with Mel and our mothers to check out Bridgewaters for the wedding reception. It was nice, the price was amazing for Manhattan, but the entryway did smell a bit of fish (It's on the third floor of the now/soon to be defunct Fulton Fish Market). The view was great, but the floors were dark and it smelled of fish, and it's by South Street so there would be too much traffic and hardly any parking.

So on Sunday, we went back to the original choice - Palm House @ Brooklyn Botanic Garden. It's 12 minutes from my house via the BQE, so long as that damn highway doesn't have a) construction or b) traffic. It was rainy, but still very pretty. They were setting up for a wedding so we were able to see how it was. We still have one more place to check out. But, BBG does look like a winner.

As for the dress search, my mom and I found dresses that we both like by Melissa Sweet. The fun part is, they have the designer at Bergdorf Goodman, in addition to Saks and Kleinfeld, but I would want to go to Bergdorf just for kicks. When would I have a perfectly justifiable reason to walk in there again?