20 November 2006

"I Got Munchies"

No, I did not get drunk and then get the munchies. Haven't even had a cup of sake yet, and I prefer plum wine nevertheless.

Colleen's friend Haru said the above statement, at the sushi-on-a-conveyor-belt place.

Sushi-on-aconveyor-belt has become my friend. For 525 yen I get full. And I eat sushi.

Yeah baby! :::Bad Austin Powers Imitation goes HERE:::

Austin Powers aside, last night was fun. I went bowling with Ingram, Colleen and Colleen's two friends Haru and Shu.

Haru is very good. According to Colleen's blog he was on the bowling team in JHS and HS - reminds me of a high school classmate who was into bowlin. I forgot most of what I learned from the "old timers" at my local bowling alley, and sorely missed my glittery green bowling ball. I'm a lefty. Makes things a bit difficult.

Case in point: when Ellie and Kathy used to play softball back in the ICYP days, I ended up playing righty because I was not part of ICYP and thus, did not have my own glove. I always had to borrow, so I played righty. I am a switch-hitter, though I keep forgetting which is right and which is left.

No matter. Point being, the world is made for rightys, and us southpaws either have to shell out the dough (though Mel got my bowling ball for me) to get the lefty versions or customized versions of stuff, or we have to adapt. It's a mixture of both.

Still, my bowling ball back home is cool. Its emerald green. With glitter. And no one else can use it because it's for a LEFTY.

:::Evil Grin:::

Sometimes being a lefty pays off. There is no one around most of the time that can borrow your stuff (at least in terms of sports) unless they want to play ass-backwards. Ergo, lefties are more versatile. We have to adapt to a world made for righties, and we can still switch back comfortably when lefty stuff presents itself.

However, that does not mean I will operate power tools beyond an electric drill. Operating power tools made for righties is the cause for the highest occurence of injury and death amongst lefties. I heard that somewhere and since then, I take no chances.

I digress.

Ingram took the cake when he put on this costume thing that was designed to make you look like a human bowling pin. Not only did he wear the bowling in costume, he wore the PINK bowling pin costume, complete with tartan skirt and bow.

I actually got a few strikes - Mel would be proud. He kicks my butt at bowling all the time. I think I had a personal score of 137 after two games.

Haha. I suck at bowling. But its fun. Another good part was when Colleen fell on her butt, and when Ingram threw back the ball so hard it fell out of his hand and onto the floor. No one got hurt though thank god.

At dinner (sushi-on-a-conveyor belt) Colleen, Ingram and I were teaching Haru the concept of "I got the munchies" and what a "sketchy person" is. However, things got a little bit lost in translation, and Haru ended up saying "All japanese are sketchy." I was sending a text at the time, and my head just popped up in amazament. Colleen and Ingram quickly rectified the situation.

"Munchies" was easy to explain, as Haru told us that whenever he drinks beer (as he was at the moment) he gets hungry. So, Colleen and I pretty much said that "In the States, when that happens, we say 'I have the munchies'".