01 March 2007

Tadaima!

One of the things that define one as a New Yorker (so say those "You know you are from New York if..." lists) is that when you fly into JFK, LGA or Newark (the last one as a severe last resort or if you have no choice) and when you see the NYC skyline you feel relieved, no matter where you went, even if it was something like a luxury vacation in Tahiti.

I certainly have felt that feeling several times myself - one of the more acute times was when Mel and I went to Vegas. Vegas was nice, but I wasn't 21 yet so I couldn't do alot of stuff and was a bit of a hamper on the trip.

When I got back to my teeny-tiny-itsy-bitsy apartment in Kyoto, I had that same rush all over again. When I got back from NYC after Christmas break, I didn't even have an inkling of the feeling, but I guess I am truly settling in here.