24 May 2007

Imagine Little Post-Its Everywhere...

Such is the state of my blogging mind.

I am glad most of you like my new banner! I think it goes quite nicely with the title of the blog and except for the Tunis and France posters and the one with the suitcase, I have a connection in one way or another to all of the countries above.

So, in all seriousness, imagine little post-its stuck on my laptop screen. Of course, Macs have the Stickies program, but I tend to write things down in my organizer. I have so many little topics and missives and reminders for my blog that if I put them all separately since I am more of a topical blogger than a diary blogger it would just lead to alot of clutter. So I begin my first "Post-It" blog entry.

Yellow Note on Upper Left Hand Corner of Screen:
I finally did the "100 Things" list; see the sidebar. But I made it into an "old post," so that it doesn't clutter the blog.

Pink Note, Upper Right Hand Corner:
I am going to begin some more "Things in Japan"-like posts. Topics include: bento, weird appliances (Toilets that wash your butt? You bet!), the garbage, and keitai storappu. Consider this a sneak peak.

Blue Note, Left Palm Rest:
I am going back home from August 3 to September 3. That means another series will begin called "Wedding Bonanza." 7 Bridal Salons, 3 Reception Sites, and a church in a pear tree. Consider yourself WARNED. You got a sneak peak with the previous two posts recently on wedding dresses. I told you I am not looking forward to this.

Hot Pink Star Note, Right Palm Rest:
MUST. BLOG. ON. SHIRAHAMA.

Purple Heart Note, Lower Right Screen:
Campbell (the Aussie classmate) does more than say "Irasshaimase, mate!" at the sento. He also cleans the tubs. Considering that back in the day gaijin were considered dirty barbarians, the image is rather medieval and samurai-ish in a snarky sort of way. But still quite funny in a good way, since he is really good-humored about it.

Green Note, Lower Left Screen:
It is BLOODY HOT. I have my A/C on right now because I have no air circulating in my teeny apartment and I am thinking of just getting a floor fan to use less electricity (my last bill was only 12 dollars). Today I wore my new Uniqlo t-shirt and finally did not sweat like a pig. I am going to get more 1000yen Unqilo t-shirts, the quality is great.

And so ends the digitizing of my figurative post-its. I have figuratively taken them off my computer, thrown them away and my blogging mind is at ease, for now all the little notes have their own place. Tomorrow: Rice cookers that can make banana bread, and in the Academy blog, I finally get through Classical Japanese.