30 June 2007

As Fast as the Shinkansen

Holy crap, that was fast!

I brought in Ringo (my MacBook - figured I named it so I might as well use its name) to the Apple Store yesterday and everything was processed by 7pm. They call me later TODAY as in 4pm, several hours after my last post to tell me that it is already repaired and ready for pickup.

DANG! That is really fast. I was expecting a week minimum. Talk about Japanese efficiency.

So all the plastic is replaced, and no dirty palm marks/chips/peeling plastic to be found. Nothing wrong with the hard drive either. I wonder if the Apple people got a kick out of reading "ringo" in hiragana as my hard drive name, and if they got the pun.

So because I got my laptop - and fully charged to boot - I decided to make use of my train trip back home. Voila! The Tokyo blogs are finished. Please back track a few entries because like I said before, they are under their respective dates. Just a warning, it's a bit of a read because I got about 6 pages on word with Times New Roman in 12 with the standard margins.

Enjoy! I know I will enjoy the results of Ringo's cosmetic surgery.