14 July 2007

Attack of the Incredible Paper Monster!

Being a wanna-be Japanese historian and a student, I tend to accumulate a lot of paper. The paper in general falls into two categories:

1) Japanese grammar notes/worksheets
2) Research

With the big paper that I wrote this past semester, and the trip to the National Diet Library in Tokyo, the paper for the latter category just got out of control. That, and the fact that I haven't had the chance to properly put away the paper for the former category, when I took it all out of my bookcase (really a cabinet above my bed, it's all one big unit, there is another cabinet where I keep my clothes) I ended up with this:


Forgive the messy bed underneath the paper. Because I was practically living in school this past week, I had hardly any time to make my bed. But now, everything is tidied up, punched with holes, stapled and placed into cheap little folders with the holes to keep the paper in place:

Mind you, those four binders don't encompass all of the paper, I still have one A4 size binder and a bunch of folders. But I'd say those 4 folders have about 90% of it all. When I go back home, I'm bringing back most of it to scan into PDF (most of the stuff I got at the Diet library were guidebooks from the Meiji period so they are small), and I am bringing back most of the Japanese textbooks that I won't use anymore.

The Paper Monster has been vanquished!

For now, at least.