01 July 2007

Cafe Lovin'

Everyone has their local hangout. Back home, Kathy found Waltz-Astoria which is a great cafe and hangout place; they have wine parties, comedy, etc. etc. If you register, internet is $1 an hour (used to be free but because prices went up they had to charge). it's small, intimate and a great palce to while aawy the hours. More importantly, its not Starbucks and its not crowded. There are people, but its not like crazy crowded Starbucks.

I am writing this blog RIGHT NOW from Rue Ergo, the cafe that I have mentioned many, many times before. I have internet access!!! All the more reason to study here. I can just imagine in the future if I have to come back to Japan for research and writing my dissertation, if I have to write it in Japan, I want to write it here. They are even playing Jack Johnson in the background.

So in Astoria, I have Waltz. In Kyoto, I have Rue Ergo. I definitely do not have to go to every-single-cafe in Kyoto to find out which one is "mine" - I already have.