05 September 2007

It's Gettin' Hot in Herrre....

...and I just WISH I could take off all my clothes.

It was quite steamy when I was dropped off by the MK Sky Gate Shuttle Bus service last night; luckily, the driver was nice enough to lug my suitcase up the two flights of stairs to my apartment on the third floor.

On my first day back, I went grocery shopping. But first, I had to schlep over to Rits to sign in for my scholarship. While there, I asked when do I receive information about my plane ticket back home in March. I get information about that in November - I needed to know because I need to get my ticket before we get Mel's ticket for March.

The sun was boiling, and I didn't have my parasol, since I brought it home with me. Instead, I had my sunglasses, Fordham baseball cap, and my SPF 40 City Block. I just wore a t-shirt and jeans but it was still hot. And the Japanese girls were still wearing their long sleeves and their jackets and sweaters! I counted 4 t-shirts on one girl. Utterly nuts.

I then went to the shopping arcade that was near me on Imadegawa and Kawaramachi; Alisa told me about it and I have been there twice but this time i really perused what they had. I wanted fruits and veggies and those suckers don't come cheap. Luckily there was a fruit market that sold SIX apples for 450yen. What a steal!

And they were good quality; I also got 4 long and fat cucumbers for 100yen, 3 fat tomatoes for 250yen and bananas for 100yen. At the supermarket, I picked up some ham for sandwiches at the meat counter, 100g for 100yen. Sweet. I even got something that looks like pork chops, a good amount of chicken and some fish. And it was cheaper than at the other supermarket, and I picked up the last loaf of whole wheat bread! Score! Soo happy you have no idea. (The rice I got was cheaper too.)

Because my basket was full, I went home to drop off my stuff, then I went over to the QQ Shop (100yen supermarket) for the "basics". Like I have mentioned before, there are things at the QQ that I wouldn't even bother getting at the regular supermarket, like low fat milk, OJ, water, yogurt and some other things as well. It's just cheaper.

When I got back I was practically dripping. I made one FINAL trip out to Kizuna, the "hangout" place of sorts for the international students at Kyodai. They don't check ID and I lost mine anyway but I still remember my old student ID number, even though it's expired. Hey, Rits is really far! So I borrowed a book on Japanese history to refresh my memory.

I plan to go back there tomorrow to the lounge area to hang out; it is really hot here and I don't want to have my A/C going on all day and all night, like it is now. I was chatting with Elisa and she asked what the temp was. I go and check and the temperature was 93.

But in reality, it felt like 100 degrees, according to the Weather Channel.