11 October 2007

Oh, Sunny Day

Yesterday was quite sunny so yeah for new sunglasses! I can't help it - aviators really make you feel bad-ass, lol. One girl said all I was missing was a bomber jacket. Now THAT would have looked awesome with my outfit yesterday: v-neck plum sweater, cream pashmina scarf tied around my neck, dark jeans tucked into riding boots. Pity it's still sort of hot and I would not buy a bomber jacket in Japan.

(On an interesting note, one girl pointed out that should I go to Australia, I should get a new pair of Uggs there - we were talking about chucking clothes when we leave japan and I told her I'm going to toss my 3-year old pair.)

Today I am taking my placement test for my Japanese classes after my CA-class. This week has been a bit messy, though I did get some work on my personal statement done yesterday.

I am about 90% done with the draft: just need to finish up the research section, random paragraph on my I want to go to school A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J (yep TEN schools, I just haven't figured out which school is which letter in the alphabet for the appropriate pseudonymous moniker and I deleted one from the list but added another) and a closer on "What the hell do I plan to do with a Ph.D in Japanese urban history." The latter part is sorta done because of the Master's application go-round (half of my personal statement is my master's recycled but polished anew and updated).

Going to a club thing tonight with some of my s/c's from my class; one of the girls is a musician and she is performing. I listened to some of her songs from MySpace and I love it! It's a mix of jazz and folk, think a youngier and edgier Madeliene Peyroux with some Feist mixed in maybe? Looking forward to it and if she is selling cd's I will definitely buy one.

Then this weekend is a matsuri at my local shrine - part of a project for the class I am a CA for. Oy vey and Japanese classes start up in full swing next week. I am going to be busy, busy, busy.

And then there is the gym. I WILL stick to the Self-Goal plan, I think I can I think I can, I want that J.Crew dress, I want that J.Crew dress...