02 October 2007

The Sun is Always Brighter on the Other Side

Firstly, I want to say thanks to two people who helped me regarding yesterday's post - Saisquoi and Libby, you totally rock and thanks to you, I feel so much better now.

Unfortunately, it looks like Thailand is off the hook - Deena is the process of getting a job and is thisclose to getting one - and I liked how she used "we" to refer to me and her in terms of what she wants to do in the future (something in library sciences possibly). So that's good, I'm happy for her.

So, unless certain person A reads my blog (and by the time CPA does, the previous post will probable be at the bottom of the page now that I am back in blogging gear and got that off my chest) CPA will not know about my rant which is all the better. I did mention to CPA about Singapore for Christmas...I was looking at some places and emailed a quick note to Ingram if he was interested.

I am listening to NPR's "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!" right now via my iTunes podcasts and I totally forgot about Taiwan, since they just mentioned it. Taiwan seems to be like China, but more managable, maybe? Options, options. Hong Kong looks to be for February regardless of whether or not I go to Australia (though that would be an awesome plus!). Then there is the Philippines to with Mel - oh dear I am going to be SO broke when I get back home...but it will be worth it in the end, I think.

A lot of people have gone through the same thing that I am going through now, so I just really can't sit on my bum and go "woe is me." I need to be proactive. That said, on the agenda for the future (I looked at the Kyoto Event's Web Magazine for things going on for the next three months):

1) Antiques Grand Fair this Sunday
2) Interesting field trips for my class that I am the CA for
3) Maybe a trip to Okinawa/Hokkaido with some of my students/classmates?
4) Japanese language classes start up next week at Kyodai
5) Need to blog on the Kyoto Botanical Garden
6) Fall Light-Ups at the Temples (and a VERY delayed post on last March's Spring Light-Up for context, and another delayed post on Shirahama)
7) I need to go to Osaka to get Kate Spade refills for my organizer (yeah yeah, I know I can get a cheaper refill but KS is so pretty! And I am a stationary whore). And I want to go to the Umeda Sky Building.
8) Random free festivals at Shinto Shrines
9) Momiji Madness Month (aka people go gaga for fall leaves in November)
10) More flea markets
11) TRY to see Kabuki in December
12) Check out a Sake Museum possibly
13) Get my bum over to Kobe for the Illuminarie in December and eat Kobe beef!!!
14) I get to play teacher November 22, when I give a lecture to my students/classmates on expositions in the Meiji period
15) Oh yeah...grad apps.