20 December 2007

The Three Month Stretch

Last Monday, Rits called me saying something along the lines of "Information regarding your return home has arrived, please come and pick it up."

I go to the International Center today in anticipation. I get to know when I come home!

Erm, not exactly.

Turns out, I had to fill out a bunch of forms indicating where I wanted to go (JFK, not Newark!) and when. Easy enough. Gave them my passport number, got my adviser to sign the form (I knew his office hours on Thursdays, or at least I can drop in during a specific time and I know he would be there) and got everything neatly filed away with the office by 3:30pm.

I wanted to get it over an done with, because I only go to Rits once a week and its the winter break as of tomorrow. Don't want to deal with this stuff during my vacation.

My dates? First choice is either March 22 or March 23, the weekend before the lease of my apartment expires which is March 25. Get final deposit of stipend on the 19th, and it gives me 3 days (because my stipend arrives at 9 am on the dot of the day that it is deposited) to tidy up my affairs: close cell phone, health insurance and bank accounts.

Things like tossing useless junk, selling furniture, random crap I won't take home and bike will start at the beginning of March when I make "Sayonara Sale" and spread the word amongst my friends. The International Center will call me or email me when my plane ticket arrives.

So that means as of this weekend, I have EXACTLY three months left in Japan.