09 November 2006

Them Hot Buns

Today, I was wandering around the co-op in the basement of the University Centential Clock Tower (or "Clock Tower") trying to find something cheap and relatively decent to eat.

The co-op is great. Its like everything a student needs, all in one floor. Dry cleaning, pharmacy, photocopying, and various sundries, stationary and food that you need as a student to survive.

I always thought that the drinks were cold because they have those dispalys with the cold drinks - you know the ones at the delis that dont have the doors, but rather you can pick up the stuff in. Turns out, not only does Japan have ones that cool the drinks, they have ones that HEAT the drinks. I learned this yesterday, so my coffee intake has somewhat increased. I am trying to lay off the coffee though - hence me getting Royal Milk Tea. It's more like English Breakfast tea, but they way they make it is very sweet so I think I will go back to the green tea.

But, buns?

No, I am not talking about rear ends.

Ever hear of sticky buns, or pork buns? Those of you who are Asian/lived in Asia/know about Asia/eat a good amount of Asian food know about them. They are this doughy little balls filled with stuff in it. I never really approached it until today because I had a eureka! moment and finally realized what they were - not poison.

One in particular got my attention. "Pizaa."

Eh?

Of course it was written in KATAKANA (damn that syllabary) so it took me the required 5 minutes of starting at it to figure it out.

PIZZA! A bun filled with pizza flavoring!

Of course, I got it. It was only 100yen.

This is my new favorite snack. Pizza-bun and anything with matcha in it.