16 December 2006

A Disclaimer

I have been writing a few essays in Japanese for my classes recently. And when I get them back, I get corrected - obviously.

You are probably wondering where I am going with this.

I am going to post those corrected essays on my blog - in Japanese of course. I figured it forces me to go over my corrections slowly and in depth, as I am not a fast typer in Japanese. It's rather tricky and time consuming to switch between hiragana, romaji and katakana on an American keyboard.

To begin, I post a letter I wrote to my friend. I have a midterm this Wednesday and I thought what better way to practice all that grammar than to use it in a real life situation? So, using my grammar notes, I conducted a letter filled with uncomprehensive gibberish. This is not corrected by the teachers; so in my own head it works. As for the real world, I'll bet I got 90% of the letter wrong. I try. This letter took my FOUR HOURS to write so I hope I did ok.

For those that can't read Japanese: tough luck for you. Consider it a break from the barrage of posting that I do.

:-D

For those that can read Japanese: 分かれば、コメントを書いてください!ありがとう!