16 January 2007

The Air Routes More Traveled

I cannot contain myself!

I AM GOING TO KOREA!

I AM TRAVELLING!

I AM GETTING OUT OF THE COUNTRY!

I WILL SET FOOT ON MAINLAND ASIA!

On a sarcastic note as Deena pointed out, it's not like I can get to the rest of Asia through Korea - good ol' Kim Jong-Il is standing in the way with his oversized Ray-Bans and frizzy combover.

I got my plane ticket today from Kyoto Uni's Co-op today; Alisa told me that they have good discounts for students. Another thing I like about the co-op is that I can pay my ticket in cash right then and there and thus would not have to use my credit card. Pay it and get it over with. I like that Japan is more cash-based: don't have the money, then you don't buy it because they don't take debit or credit cards 90% of the time anyways.

I was going to do it this morning actually - I had gone to the co-op, asked for the information, got the information and was just about to fork over the money when I realized that I should err on the side of caution, and ask my homeroom teacher just in case about when the classes officially end and when break begins. So I took my printout and told the lady I would come back probably on Thursday, since I would see my homeroom teacher tomorrow for listening class.

Turns out, I ran into her today; so right after grammar class, I went back to the co-op. I have to say it was quite interesting to actually fork over the money to a travel-agent-person and just get it all done and over with.

Deena already has a bunch of stuff planned. Ice skating, skiing, the DMZ, her kindergarten class graduation, shopping, museums, palaces, and maybe a temple stay overnight.

So excited!