30 January 2007

DIE, KANJI, DIE.

I just took my kanji final and my grammar final.

Kanji - failed. For sure. I took one look at that thing, and in spite of the fact that I studied maybe over 200 words, the ones that I studied were not on the test.

Not that it matters; the down low for the Monbusho kids is that so long as you try and go to the classes and make some effort, its not like they are going to kick you out of the program. And that will be the only final that I fail regardless. I took Intermediate Kanji as opposed to Basic Kanji III because I wanted a challenge and I did not want to repeat stuff I learned. So while I did learn ALOT of new Kanji and vocabulary, etc. etc. the stuff I did cover was unfortunately not on the test. Maybe I will pass the class by the skin of my teeth - I always do well on the quizzes and I come to every class.And besides! EVERYONE and their mothers use the denshi jishos anyways. You see all the Japanese kids with one (You can tell I am in a bad mood over my kanji final - I busted my ass for THREE weeks preparing for that test and it was all for naught at least in terms of passing the test).

I on the other hand, have my pink Nintendo with the pink pig cell phone charm, which my teachers are just amazed by - my kanji teacher asked that since I got my DS in NYC can I play Japanese games? Of course - I got the jisho game here.

DS`s are very rare in Japan and if you do find one, its twice the price than the US.

Moving along...Grammar - pass. That was pretty easy. Maybe over an 80 - I will be happy with that, but I still get the ~sou desu stuff mixed up sometimes.

Remaining tests*

Listening: Final/Wed
Integrated: Quiz on Ch. 9 & 12/Wed; Final/Thurs
Reading: Quiz & HW/Fri
Coversation: Final/Mon

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttt...