24 March 2007

Meme: Things I Like

Originally, the purpose of this blog was to keep everyone back at home/various other parts of the world that I know people in or have lived in myself updated on my (mis)adventures in Japan. But I think I'll try to get in on the tagging and meme's that other bloggers do, especially since I have come across alot of other cool and fun blogs, most of which are under "The Reading List."

Bloggers do this thing called "meme" - think those surveys that we used to email one another in high school and forward to everyone else. I would link back to the blog that I got this from (A Study of Schoolbooks and Shoes) but I am new to the meme/tagging thing, don't know how to put links in posts, and I don't normally do tags, though that might change (It's also kinda hard to navigate on the blogger website via Firefox b/c it's in Japanese, though I can do it in Safari, but I am too lazy to put Safari back in the Dock, and I like Firefox better for Blogger because it has SPELL CHECK). So, here is my first meme of Things I Like (via Vanity Fair, so this is a more make-up/fashion oriented meme):

Jeans: Citizens of Humanity Kelly bootcut, or my poor J.Crew Japanese stretch (not so much) cotton skinnys that got ripped and I can't wear anymore :-( But I am looking for a good pair of classic Levi's in the same color as my J.Crew ones.
Sneakers: Asics
Watch: I lost mine, but it was a cheap 2000yen one I got at the shopping arcade in Shinkyogoku on Shijo-Dori b/c my first week in Japan, I kept asking Deena (who was visiting me from Korea) what time it was since I didn't have a cell and she told me to get a watch. Literally.
T-Shirt: Hard to say, since I really don't like to wear t-shirts on their own. I do like the Ralph Lauren Skinny polos though.
Day Bag: Jack Spade Day messenger bag, Sky Blue Herve Chapelier bag, or one of the 2 other Kate Spade bags (I left my green KS bag behind and my sister stole my KS "Have Courage" bag) that I brought with me to Japan. But normally for school lately is the JS messenger, since I can have that on my back which leaves my bike basket free if I want to do grocery shopping or get books from the library and then I go home with alot of stuff in my basket.
Evening Bag: Gold Kate Spade shoulder bag (which can be a clutch or a wristlet as well) or my red and blue mini Herve bag.
Cell Phone: My Japanese cell phone is Sharp and my American cellphone was the magenta Motorola Razr, but my sister uses it now because a) I am not in the States anymore, and her's was washed in the laundry. so when i go back to the States, i use my really old Nokia since I still have my American cell number in use (I actually have it with me in Japan, to use it when I fly back and forth, but the battery is dead).
Blackberry or Treo: Hell no. I like my KS organizer (aka "The Big Gold Book" by Alisa) to keep me organized, BUT I am holding out in the future for the Apple iPhone.
Lipstick: Very rarely, Clinique Blushing Coral. Normally its chapstick, with either Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm or C. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint.
Mascara: Eh, not really. But the one I do own is CoverGirl.
Nail Polish: HA! Manicures and pedicures in Japan go upwards of about 10,000yen which is about $100. So its clear stuff by Sally Hansen, but when I do get my nails done ($20 manicure-pedicure in NYC right across the street from my house) it's usually Essie in either a pale pink/nude color or a coral color.
Soap: Ivory, and St. Ive's Medicated Apricot Scrub for my face. Sadly, I have run out of the former, and there is no Ivory to be had in Kyoto.
Shampoo: Garnier Fructis Body and Volume, or Bumble and Bumble Volumizing Shampoo
Moisturizer: The one I got from Clinique as a free sample is really good for me, I should get a bigger bottle of it because it is light.
Hair Product: Aveda Phomollient Volumizing foam (I have pathetically thin and limp hair, and Japanese hairstylists have a problem cutting Western hair. So it won't get cut till I get back home.)
Perfume or Cologne: Burberry Tender Touch, but it's at home because I didn't want the bottle to break in my suitcase coming over here. So I use mandarin or gardenia body splash from Bath & Body Works.
Toothpaste: Not Japanese toothpaste. It doesn't have fluoride.