23 March 2007

Going to the Big Mikan

New York is known as the "Big Apple."

Tokyo is known as the "Big Mikan." Mikan is a small tangerine-ish fruit that is really easy to peel and very tasty.

It is OFFICIAL everyone!

I am going to Tokyo from June 22 to 27, barring any crazy schedule conflicts with school. I made my hotel reservation yesterday at a place in Ueno that is only 2700 a night, but not a hostel and I have my own private room. So for sure I can afford this Tokyo trip, so happy!

The conference is from 23-24 but I think I can get some sightseeing done in the afternoon/evening of the 24th, since I plan to go to the reception - good for contact stuff. I now have to go make my own business cards; when I was at the conference in December I didn't have any to give out and I was a bit embarrassed about that so I am going to make some as soon as I get my Ritsumeikan email address. I am going to put only that and my private email address, since the Ritsumeikan one is only for a year. Besides, I would tell people that the primary email address is my private one anyways; I have never used my Kyodai email address at all.

In terms of getting myself there, I think I am going to take the first Shinkansen train out in the morning of the 22 regardless of the time so that a) I can see the nice scenery during the day, and b) get there to my hotel early enough so that I can hop over to the National Archives to do some research in the morning. Other than 23 and 24 - which is a weekend anyways - I plan to go spend the mornings in the National Archives to do some research.

Awesome, I am going to Tokyo!