17 April 2007

I Got Plans for Golden Week, Doo-Dah, Doo-Dah...

I got plans for Golden Week, doo-dah, doo-dah...

I got plans for Golden Week, OH DOO-DAH DAY!

Woo-hoo!

Wee!

Awesome!

And to think I was planning to go to Okinawa all by my lonesome.

I just got an email from Mayuko. She is back in Japan for good (we went to Fordham together) and we were talking via AIM about Golden Week and our plans. Golden Week is a large culmination of holidays with two days in between:

April 28: Showa Day (this year observed on April 30)
May 3: Constitution Day
May 4: Greenery Day
May 5: Children's Day

So that means its a three-day weekend, then two days (May 1 and 2) and then a 4-day weekend. Very lucky this year; apparently, the timing sucks for next year in terms of a nice week-long vacation since people mostly take off the two days in between. Seriously, why go to work for two days when you KNOW there is another 4-day break?

Mayuko is AWESOME. She just invited me to go with her family to go to Shirahama in Wakayama, with a famous beach, seafood and has onsen.

SEAFOOD!
BEACH!
HOT SPRINGS!

I am very grateful and really appreciate that Mayuko thought of me. I would not have the opportunity to go to a place like that otherwise, just like how I would not have eaten blowfish otherwise. The only details that I know now is that we are going from May 3-6, but because we are leaving very early in the morning, I will probably stay at Mayuko's place the night before in Osaka on the second.

So excited!