25 May 2007

So Instead of Doing My Homework...

...I planned my bridal shower. A year in advance. Talk about being anal-retentive. But, a "bride" does have a right to what she would like in her bridal shower, no? I even asked my mom that and she gave me the go ahead to dream of a "Kate Spade Inspired" bridal shower with DIY fixin's (because there is no way in hell I will justify a $75 polka dot vase for a bridal shower centerpiece. However, I will register for that polka-dot vase, because I like it very much.)

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery; since the wedding is more a collaborative affair and I can have every single say for the bridal shower, I made a storyboard like they do over at The Preppy Wedding. It is such a great idea (I wonder what they would think of mine?) and alot of fun. But this is the only storyboard that I will be doing, since doing it for the wedding is too much at the moment, as we do not know where the wedding reception will be.

Comments, suggestions and criticisms are greatly appreciated! I want this one to be PERFECT, and I am having trouble reconciling toile with the Kate Spade "aesthetic" if you will, but I like my polka dots and toile.