16 July 2007

As If I Don't Not Have Enough Already

My hair is falling out. Apolecia, I think. I read in "Being a Broad in Japan," that it's common for Western women who come to Japan to have their hair falling out. Maybe it's because I have my hair in a ponytail (heat + no desire to use hairdryer + long hair = ponytail) everyday and thus the regular strands that fall out possibly just come out in one big clump, but I feel my hair is falling out.

Possibly due to several factors:

1) I ran out of my American Garnier Fructis shampoo and while I am using Clairol Herbal Essences, its the Japanese version and Japanese shampoos in general tend to be harsh.
2) Water is also harsh here - Japanese just LOVE their chemicals don't they?
3) Possibly a mineral/vitamin deficiency, particularly iron - I haven't had red meat in like ages, and although while I try to eat my fruits and veggies, they are damn expensive especially the ones that are mega common back home because they weren't a part of the Japanese diet, and won't ever will be = prices through the roof. $2 for an orange?

So, I need to go to the doctor when I get home to see if it's a mineral/vitamin deficiency or some other problem - I do not need to be OD-ing on multivitamins/mineral supplements when my levels are somewhat intact. But I doubt it.

As if I do not not have enough hair on my head already. It's thin like a baby's, and there isn't much of it.