17 July 2007

Because Procastination is Preferable to Studying

Meme!

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes, my paternal grandmother. There are three "Maria's" in the family.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Maybe when I was homesick last.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? For a lefty, I am pretty proud of it. If I take my time, I write pretty nicely in Japanese.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH MEAT? Prosciutto!

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? I want three.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Probably.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? I'm from NYC. Sarcasm is part of the local culture. (^_~).

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I'm not too keen on having my vertebrae stretch then bounce back into place.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, Olympic Cheerios (the triple flavor one that comes out during the Olympics), Corn Pops, Muesli, Raisin Bran, Honey Bunches of Oats, Rice Krispies, Plain Special K with fresh strawberries...I really miss American cereal.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? If they are sneakers, yes. Other than that, I don't wear shoes with ties.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically? Hell no. Mentally? I try to think that I am.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM? My dad's Mister Softee in vanilla, with cookie crunch. Mint Chocolate Chip. Gelato: Pistachio and Coffee

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? In Japan? If they have orange hair or not.

15. RED OR PINK? Either, but I would love to get a classic red polo from Ralph Lauren.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? At this point? My eyebrows. No threading in Japan.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Family and Mel.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? n/a

19. WHAT COLOUR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Dark Uniqlo jeans, bare feet - don't have slippers and its hell to pay if there are shoes worn in a Japanese house.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Itaria-Don!

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My mom puttering at the comp over Skype.

22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE? Kelly Green

23. FAVOURITE SMELLS? Salvatore Feraggamo "Incanto Dream", gardenias, that Axe stuff that Mel uses.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Talking to mom over Skype now.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Saw it at Tulip Mom's blog.


26. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Baseball (boo to Yankees this season, however), rugby, soccer

27. HAIR COLOUR? Dark dirty blonde...wow, I just realized that all my blonde highlights are GONE.

28. EYE COLOUR? Blue-green

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope, but I did wear glasses at a time for therapy because I was a bit cross-eyed.

30. FAVOURITE FOOD? BIG, juicy steak...or rather that's the food I crave right now.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Um...in the theatre? Don't remember (it's been that long). At home? Pride and Prejudice on DVD with Kiera Knightely.

33. WHAT COLOUR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Olive green.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER? FALL.

35. HUGS OR KISSES? both

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? n/a

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? n/a

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I'm trying to finish "Memory and the Mediterranean" by Braudel

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don't have a mouse.


41.WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? No tv.

42. FAVOURITE SOUND? falling rain

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? the Beatles

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Japan

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I play the koto, and can roll my eyes into the back of my head.

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Queens, NYC.

47. WHAT SUPERPOWER WOULD YOU LIKE? Hmm...don't think I would want one because they all bite you in the bum and backfire in the end.