20 July 2007

Potter-Palooza!!! Where's My Wand At?

BAH!!!!

Seriously!

AAAHHH....

Libby got most of the deal down over at her blog, but seriously, the Potter is that important, I need to give my own 20yen (=2 cents) on the issue, 6000 miles away - or rather, at least 3000 miles from the closest bookstore in the United States.

I am buying into Potter-mania. Not only does my sister, Leah have her hands on the bittorrent file that is circulating throughout the web...

I COULD HAVE ORDERED THE AMERICAN VERSION FROM AMAZON JAPAN AND HAVE IT BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE!!!

I tried to not give into the Potter. But I cannot help it. Why, oh WHY did I not think of going to Amazon Japan? Boo. Fark, bloody, fark. Pfft.

Of course, I am not going to do it now, since between Mel and Leah there will be three copies - Leah gets two because she has two sets: first edition set and reading set. Good thing too - her number 4 is literally in more than 20 pieces because she read it so much...

...AAAHHH, I am going to KILL Elisa, she just told me RIGHT NOW that one of my favorite bands Lifehouse is going to be at the Borders in Time Warner Center for their Potter-palooza.

Seethe...seethe...

Must.Calm.Down.

It's just a damn book after all. But the whole Potter-palooza is so much fun! And I am missing out on it. How can I miss out on this when it's the final book?!?!?

Stupid tests. I can't even place an order on Amazon Japan right now because I have a test on Monday. And after that it's just pointless - I can wait.

But I'll bet that by the time I get home, I would have the book practically read to me - but then after my test, I can read the first 498 pages guilt-free via that torrent file. I KNOW that is really bad of me, but I am in dire straights here! If I am going to have the end ruined for me within the next 72 hours, I might as well read the first 2/3 of it, even through illegal channels. What people will do for the Potter.

And now, Mel really sucks. He is finishing work for the day at 11am, and going downtown to check on the "festivities" for Potter. Apparently, there is a triple-decker purple Knight Bus at the Scholastic store in SoHo. He isn't going to midnight Potter-palooza but getting it from Amazon. Leah is getting one copy from B&N, and her "first edition" copy from Books of Wonder, an independent children's bookstore, where she will get her number 7 and number 3 signed by Mary GrandPre, the book cover illustrator. Back in 2005, she was in Florida at #6 Potter-palooza, but Mel and I got #4,5 & 6 signed for her since she was absentee.

See what a good elder sister and future brother-in-law we are? And what do I get now? Mel at least gets his hands on the book by 10am (or its free according to Amazon), I get spoilers, illegal torrents, no party and in the words of my Auntie Sophie, "Bupkis!"

And then Mel will be laughing at me over Skype, teasing me about what will happen; and then when I find out what does happen, Leah and I will go into "deep discussion" over the subject matter, and then I have to ask her even MORE questions on WTF happened because obviously I haven't read it yet. Case in point: I found her on Skype at 3am NYC time Friday morning and she told me about the torrent file. She was actually reading it - bad girl but I guess I could tell that she was really excited about it. We then got into conversation about R.A.B. and other interesting tidbit which I hadn't realized.

Pfft...I KNOW I could get it to read on the plane, but then my jet-lag would be horrible. I am just going to make Mel bring it to the airport so I can read it the minute I arrive. I can just imagine the scene:

Me: I missed you! :::hug::: Please tell me you brought the book, I need to finish it!

At least I will have the first 498 pages done. And I am a fast reader (I devour books practically); if there is traffic from Newark coming home, I can bet you I will have the next 100-200 pages done by the time I get home. To which I will say hello to my parents, Leah, hug the cats, and lock myself in my room and leave my luggage in the middle of the living room floor, jet lag or no jet lag.

Can't I just cast "Accio Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows"?