12 September 2007

Eh, Maybe Not

I was contemplating deleting all of my old entries because I am a "CA" or a course assistant at that study abroad program I once mentioned because I did not want my students to find out my blog. I thought about it and well it's not worth it. For the following reasons:

1) I have not written anything incriminating - i.e. what grad schools I am applying to, and really personal opinions. I have learned to keep my mouth shut.
2) Not like it matters - they all know what university I go to in Kyoto anyway.
3) My Facebook profile is already on the most extreme of privacy settings and I don't have the link to it there.
4) I have tried to do something other than Blurb which is a nifty program that imports your blog but I need more memory and more patience to run it more efficiently but I like Blurb, plan to publish my blog when I finish and damn it all to hell if I have to pay $100. Those are my memories and Zapfino is a gorgeous font (that is the font I now have in my header).
5) They know I am a blogger because we spoke about blogs in class.
6) I changed my email address to which this blog is connected to and upped the privacy settings short of making the blog private. Unfortunately I can't change my user name but I plan to delete this blog in 7 months, or after I finish my Blurb project.
7) My title for the blog is not in the web address and when you Google "in the middle of somewhere" my blog is NO WAY at the top of the list. And my name is so common not like I need a moniker.
8) I Googled myself and my blog doesn't pop up.
9) I Googled the program I am a CA for and my blog still hasn't popped up after the 10th page of searches.

It took me ALL day to contemplate moving from Blogger to WordPress, deciding that I hate Wordpress (damn complicated) trying to copy-paste into Word (which lead to the Mac version of the "blue screen" and a warning to restart my computer) so I just have had enough. Besides I write too much - it will have to take someone with ALOT of dedication to read through my blog. The amount of pages that I have for my Blurb book is about 340, portrait style which is 8x10. That is ALOT of reading. I do write alot.

I will just be more pseudonymous from now on - monikers for others that is, and no more direct mentions of names of schools and such.