19 October 2007

Thinking of Him

You know, I just realized I have been blogging for almost two years, been together with the him for almost 8 (yep, since I was 15), been engaged and I have never posted a picture of Mel - just in case if anyone is wondering what he looks like.

In terms of looks, we are like night and day: I am fair-skinned, light-brown hair and blue eyes, Mel is more olive-skinned, thick, black-black hair and brown eyes. He insists that he is 6'1" but when we stand next to each other straight, he is only an inch or two taller than me.

You really can't call us "high school sweethearts" because when we started dating I was a sophomore in high school, and he a freshman in college. But we did meet in high school - in Science Club class.

Funny thing: when I was presenting at a NYC Science Fair when I was a junior, my mom, Leah and Mel came along. My mom was chatting with another woman, who remarked upon seeing Mel and Leah and finding out that I was in the science fair room, "Oh that is too sweet! You have kids all in junior high, high school and college!" She thought Mel was her son, which was cute.

I still have a photo of him in my wallet from the first letter that he ever wrote me - it was a digital photo, printed out on regular paper. We still look the same, sort of; a little older, the hair is different (he insists on cutting it almost military short - I blame my dad for that since he has his own military haircut, whereas I have gone through various lengths of short and shorter, and blonde and blonder). I don't have that many pictures of him on my computer (as all the photos from our trips are on his) so when he finally utilized the Flickr Pro account I got for the both of us, I downloaded my favorite photo.

Now, as I get ready to go out and brave the rain to go salsa dancing, the only one other thing that I am thinking, besides "Please don't let me get too wet" is, "How I wish Mel was with me."