09 November 2007

Do I Come From the Land Down Under?

Come on, everyone knows that song.

I for one am not from the Land Down Under...

...but I am surely going to the Land Down Under!!

I come home after a trip to the Shimadzu factory (seriously it was dull, and this trumps everything right now) a bit down. I checked my email earlier via my friend's cell and no reply.

The-minute-I-turn-on-my-computer-and-check-into-gmail, a new email pops up (this is after I initially check it, I have a pop-up notifier).

I got accepted! Oh. My. God.

What's more...

...I got the travel stipend, room and board!!!

On a sad note, I will be going to Australia for the first time without Mel. And it looks like his return will be without me as well - his high school is having their reunion in October 2008, but I have school at that time, and possibly midterms as well.

So now I am celebrating by eating pastry and blasting The Cat Empire, one of my favorite bands from Australia. My day just gets better - they came out with a new cd!