11 November 2007

It's My (Chinese New) Year and I'll Party if I Want To

Here is something interesting.

I thought that Mardi Gras was going to be in Sydney during my trip there.

Well it's two weeks after but...Chinese New Year is going to be up and running! 2008 is the year of the Rat which is extra special because I was born in the year of the Rat (1984, if anyone was wondering). What better time to see Chinatown? I have been to Chinese New Year in London. Funny thing is, I have NEVER seen Chinese New Year in NYC, which by this point is quite pathetic.

Tickets to "As You Like It" at the Sydney Opera House are $35. Hmm...I would LOVE to see a show there, and I have never seen "As You Like It." My dream was to see "Madama Butterfly" (it's my favorite opera) but beggars can't be choosers. I might also want to do a tour of the place too.