21 September 2006

Who is Scared?

Oh holy crap.

I am shaking.

Seriously.

Why?

I am leaving in a week and a half.

I am TERRIFIED. I am sh*t-scared (pardon the phrase). I seriously don't know why. When I went to London I was actually thrilled to bounce the country. I have my Japanese guidebooks, got maps, will be getting suitcases on Friday, someone will pick me up, no problems, right?

WRONG.

DEAD WRONG.

I cried for two nights in a row.

Yeah this is bad. I am writing this in a moment of sheer panic, and my hands are still shaking.

I think it's because the stakes are a bit higher now, and I learned some really important lessons from London.

And - I have a bit of an impediment. Just a "small" one.

I freeze when I speak Japanese. Dead serious.

Impediment, that!

I finally got in contact with the international house that I will be staying at to confirm my date and I haven't gotten an email back yet. Granted that it took almost a month for the lady over there to respond to my email last time, I (naturally) started to panic. What does Maria do when she panics?

Off to google we go! I love that site.

I found a wrong number for the house, and then this evening - bam! I got the right number and after three tries I got through. Told them that I sent an email about my arrival. However, this conversation showed to me that I am terrified about going.

Did I mention that I almost pulled the plug two weeks ago?