05 February 2007

Sing, Sing!

So I finally sucked it up and overcame my "I hate karaoke" mantra.

Ingram texted me the other day asking if I wanted to go to karaoke on Monday (today). Since that was the day of my last test, relatively cheap and I wanted a way to unwind from all the exam broo-ha-ha, I figured why not. Suck it up and sing.

The playlist, as far as I can remember:

"Bye, Bye Bye"
"Everybody (Backstreet's Back)"
"As Long as You Love Me"
"Twist & Shout"
"House of Velocity"
"Man! I Feel Like a Woman"
"Addicted"
"We Will Rock You"
"Spice Up Your Life"
"Please Mr. Postman"
"Material Girl"
"Barbie Girl"
"Around the World"

The first song that I sang was "Spice Up Your Life" by the Spice Girls (might as well sing the stupidest sngs out there) but it's a hard song to do karaoke to, so I got a little dicsouraged. Then I saw ATC's "Around the World," and started to get into it. Everyone really got into "Addicted" by Simple Plan, but we (the Americans/Canadian amongst us) were aghast at the spelling mistake in the lyrics:

"I'm a d*ck, I'm addicted to you"

That was HILARIOUS - we lost our momento after the second time that popped up. Oh, Engrish. Gotta love it. Next time I go to karaoke I am going to make sure that song is up - not only so that I can sing along to it, because it's a really good song to karaoke to - but to take a picture of that particular line and post it on this site that calls for "Engrish" submissions. Hehe.

I had to leave early, but literally, people can stay there for HOURS. There is a one drink minimum but they also have food and dessert as well. The room that we were in was really cool - at first it seems like a normal room with wallpapered walls, but when the lights dimmed and the blacklights turned on:


Glow in the dark sea theme! I felt like I was in an aquarium.